Hello Beautiful People,
HELP MAKE GABRIELLE DOUGLAS DOLL AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE: Thank you joining us in our efforts to petition Mattel in producing a limited edition Gabrielle Douglas doll that is easily accessible worldwide.
- If you know enough about Gabrielle Douglas and want Mattel to produce the Gabrielle Douglas doll, please sign the petition. If you cannot access the petition by clicking on the link, you can copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/petitioning-mattel-to-produce-a-limited-edition-gabby-douglas-doll.html
- If you want to know why we are petitioning Mattel, please continue reading this page.
Gabrielle Douglas Doll, photo from Barbie/Mattel
WHERE WE BEGAN: I am a member of a group of avid doll collectors. Our age, professionals, ethnicities, and education vary; but, our love for dolls is shared. Recently, we started a discussion about the Gabrielle Douglas doll, released by Mattel earlier this month. The doll is part of Mattel’s Shero line–celebrating female heroes like: ground-breaking ballerina, Misty Copeland; country music star, Trisha Yearwood; and, Lucky editor-in-chief Eva Chen. The Gabrielle doll is a beautiful reflection of the gifted and talented Olympic gymnast, who is affectionately nicknamed Gabby.
Not only do we love the doll; but, we love what Gabby does for girls worldwide! As a trailblazing, role model, Gabby helps empower girls around the world to believe in themselves, to set high goals for themselves, and to achieve their dreams!
WHO IS GABRIELLE DOUGLAS:
Just in case you haven’t heard about Gabby’s achievements, I have listed a few here! I obtained the details from her biography, found on her website, http://gabrielledouglas.com/:
- Douglas began her interest in gymnastics with a cartwheel at the tender age of 4-years old. Her older sister, Arielle, was so moved by Gabby’s abilities that Arielle urged her mother to allow Gabby to start training at a local gym.
- From here, Gabby improved her skills and became a competitive gymnast. She eventually earned a spot with Olympic coach, Liang Chow. They honed Gabby’s skills until she became a record winning, Olympic athlete! Gabby became the “first woman of color of any nationality and the first African American gymnast in Olympic history to become the Individual All-Around Champion”! In addition, Gabby became “the first American gymnast to win gold in both the gymnastic individual all-around and team competitions at the same Olympic Games”!
Though we Gabby/doll lovers celebrated the release of the Gabby Douglas doll, we also felt a sadness. Mattel released only one doll! After lots of discussion–including that on Debbie Garrett’s Black doll Collecting blogspot, I decided to lead the effort to write a petition to have Mattel consider creating a limited edition Gabby Douglas doll that will be released globally; so, Gabby’s lovers can easily access the doll.
I ask that you join us in asking to Mattel to:
- Release a limited edition Gabrielle Douglas doll
- Release the doll in a manner that makes it easy for Gabrielle- and doll-lovers to easily access the doll worldwide
Thank you so much for joining us in our efforts. You may sign the petition. If you cannot access the petition by clicking on the link, you can copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/petitioning-mattel-to-produce-a-limited-edition-gabby-douglas-doll.html
Please ask your friends, family, and doll lovers to join us in our efforts!
Many blessings to you and yours: and, thanks again for assisting us in making this dream a reality!
Curiositeej Dolls & Collectibles